Get involved in small or big ways to help us solve hunger in our communities.
Volunteers are the backbone of the N.E.W. Hunger Coalition. Most of our food banks are entirely volunteer run, so you can start where you live.
Serve at your local food pantry by unloading and bagging food or helping people connect with the resources they need. Contact any one of them by going clicking on their link from the dropdown navigation on this site.
The N.E.W. Hunger Coalition currently operates with passionate volunteers, AmeriCorps/VISTA volunteers and has no other paid staff. We have many volunteer opportunities including:
- Plant-A-Row for your food bank
Grow a little extra or share your extra garden produce by donating to your local food bank.
- Pick up and deliver local produce to our member food pantries with our CoolPup Trailers.
- Fundraising at one of our events doing anything from being on an event planning committee to taking tickets at door of our annual Gala.
- Share your skill set with others by teaching a class – gardening, cooking, preservation, shopping and budgeting for healthy food.
- Donate your extra produce or professionally processed meat to our local food banks
- Ask about our Farm to Food Pantry program
- Donate produce to one of our Summer School and Nutrition programs, feeding children and families during the summer recess when school lunches are not provided. Join us, local school districts, and the library system to help us fill the learning gap that occurs when school is out.
Our food banks and member association buildings and facilities are almost all maintained through volunteer labor or services offered at cost. We could use your help!
- Offer products (building materials, plumbing fixtures, or commercial refrigeration fixtures)
- Offer professional services (plumbing and electrical services, flooring installation, or computer and IT support)
Does your school or class need a fundraising project?
Would your school or class like to plant and grow food for your food bank?
Contact Us to learn more
We would love to help you find the best way to contribute your talents and time to help solve hunger in our communities.