Food Bank Client Statistics from food bank members
The Hunger Coalition implemented a 2015 needs assessment survey that provided the following overall client statistics from the 14 food bank members:
- Food banks provided 2,270,242 pounds of food to 15,407 people.
- 99% of food bank clients are low income
- 29% are people with disabilities
- 13% are veterans,
- 34% are seniors (one food bank is as high as 84%),
- 26% are children under 18 years,
- 8% are unemployed, 22% are unemployed, 18% are employed part-time, and 8% are employed full time but don’t make enough money to feed their families.