Food Drive October 17, 2015
In support of the northeast Washington food banks that have helped our community through wildfires and hard times, the Providence NEW Hunger Coalition will be sponsoring a food drive on Saturday, October 17, 2015.
Visit your local food bank(s) and donate food, take a tour, get a treat, and meet the dedicated folks who run our food banks!
- Cusick 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM open house and rummage sale
- Ford 12:00PM – 5:00 PM open house and fabulous bake sale
- Hunters 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM open house and treats!
- Kettle Falls 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM open house and thrift store
- Loon Lake 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM big rummage sale and potato soup
- Tum Tum 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM big give away, coffee and donuts
- Valley 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM open house and refreshments
For additional directions and information call (509) 690-1299.
Food can also be donated at Washington Federal Bank in Colville from October 2nd to 16th – Thank you Washington Federal!
The following is a list of most needed items:
- Meals in a can (stew, chili, soup)
- Tuna and other canned meat
- Peanut butter
- Canned foods with pop-top lids
- Low-sugar cereals
- 100% fruit juices in single serving boxes
- Canned fruit packed in juice
- Canned vegetables (low salt)
- Shelf-stable milk